INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING MICROSOFT 365:
There are 4 steps for setting up Microsoft 365 on your computer:
- Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2013/2016.
- Installing Office 365
- Setting up SharePoint
- Ensure Microsoft Teams is configured
Step 1: UNINSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013/2016
1. Save or print this PDF to your desktop.
2. Uninstall Microsoft Office by typing Uninstall in the bottom left white search box and click the Add or Remove Programs.
3. Navigate to Microsoft Office Standard 2016 or 2013, click it, then select Uninstall > Uninstall again, allow all pop-ups.
Step 2: INSTALL MICROSOFT 365
1. Once the uninstallation process completes, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com
2. Log in with your Welty email address and computer password.
3. Click “Install Office” > “Premium Office apps” towards the top right of the website
4. It will either download automatically or you will manually have to save, run, or allow the download.
5. Before you run this newly downloaded file, be sure to close out of everything on your laptop.
6. Once the download completes, click and run the install file.
7. Once install completed, type Outlook in the bottom left white search box, right-click it and pin to taskbar
8. Open Outlook, Accept all terms and license agreements.
9. Expand your inbox folders by click the small arrows on the left of Inbox.
Step 3: SET UP SHAREPOINT
- Depending on your department, Click on one of the links below:
- ENERGY DRIVE – Click Here
- WELTY DRIVE – Click Here
- DEVELOPMENT DRIVE – Click Here
- WFSG DRIVE – Click Here
- INSITE DRIVE – Click Here
- E4B DRIVE – Click Here
- Sign in with your email and computer password if required.
- Click the Sync icon towards the top and allow all popups to run.
- Once complete, navigate to File Explorer and you should now see a folder named Welty Building Construction and underneath it a folder named “that DEPARTMENT” DRIVE – Documents.
Step 4: SIGN INTO MICROSOFT TEAMS.
- Type Microsoft Teams in the white search box on the bottom left taskbar, open Teams.
- Sign in with your email address and computer password.
- On the left click the Teams icon, you should now see the “Department” Drive Teams folder.
- You can chat with others by clicking the Chat icon towards the left.