Microsoft 365 Installation Instructions
There are 4 steps for setting up Microsoft 365 on your computer:
Step 1: UNINSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013/2016
- Save or print this PDF to your desktop.
- Uninstall Microsoft Office by typing Uninstall in the bottom left white search box and click the Add or Remove Programs.
- Navigate to Microsoft Office Standard 2016 or 2013, click it, then select Uninstall > Uninstall again, allow all pop-ups.
Step 2: INSTALL MICROSOFT 365
- Once the uninstallation process completes, go to https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Log in with your Welty email address and computer password.
- Click “Install Office” > “Premium Office apps” towards the top right of the website
- It will either download automatically or you will manually have to save, run, or allow the download.
- Before you run this newly downloaded file, be sure to close out of everything on your laptop.
- Once the download completes, click and run the install file.
- Once install completed, type Outlook in the bottom left white search box, right-click it and pin to taskbar
- Open Outlook, Accept all terms and license agreements.
- Expand your inbox folders by click the small arrows on the left of Inbox.
Step 3: SET UP ONEDRIVE
- Type OneDrive into the white search box on the bottom left taskbar, click OneDrive
- Type in your email address then Sign In, Click Next > When you come to the Back up your folders page, uncheck the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures Tab so that nothing is being backed up. Click Skip. > Next > Next > Next > Later > Open my OneDrive folder.
Step 4: SET UP SHAREPOINT
- Go to https://thinkwelty.sharepoint.com/sites/ENERGY/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- Sign in with your email and computer password if required.
- Click the Sync icon towards the top and allow all popups to run.
- Once complete, navigate to File Explorer and you should now see a folder named Welty Building Company and underneath it a folder named ENERGY DRIVE – Documents.
- While you have that folder open, Right-Click on Welty Building Company > Send to > Desktop. You can now access your files with this shortcut.
Step 5: SIGN INTO MICROSOFT TEAMS.
- Type Microsoft Teams in the white search box on the bottom left taskbar, open Teams.
- If Microsoft Teams is not an app on your computer you will need to install it. Download Teams here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app . Once downloaded run the installer file.
- Sign in with your Welty email address and Welty computer password.
- On the left click the Teams icon, you should now see the Energy Drive Teams folder.
- You can chat with others by clicking the Chat icon towards the left.